Friday, September 28, 2012

I'm off to a genealogy conference

I'm heading off to a genealogy conference in a couple of hours and will be gone for the weekend. I’ve signed up for "Harvest Your Family Tree 2012", which is organized by Kelowna & District Genealogical Society of Kelowna, British Columbia.

My husband Michael and I are driving to Kelowna in the beautiful Okanagan Valley; it should take us about three hours. We’ll meet a couple there from our local genealogy club.  

It's the first time I'm attending one of KDGS's annual conferences, and I'm really looking forward to it. I've signed up for five workshops (one this afternoon and four tomorrow) given by Donna Potter Phillips, Dave Obee, Rick Roberts and Lyn Meehan. (Michael’s signed up for 4 workshops of his own on Saturday.) Other speakers include Lisa Louise Cooke and Dwight Radford. There will also be vendors and exhibitors, as well as door prizes. Sounds like fun!

I won't post for the next couple of days, but should be back early next week. See you then!

Copyright © 2012, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.