Sunday, November 04, 2012

Veterans' Week 2012


Veterans' Week November 5 to 11


Veterans' Week in Canada is from November 5 to 11 this year. Canadians gather to remember and "recognize the achievements of our Veterans and honour those who made the ultimate sacrifice".

I'm taking the remembrance challenge as seen at "Veterans' Week" on the Veterans' Affair Canada website. Here's how I'm participating:

- Pin a poppy above your heart. [I started wearing my poppy on November 2nd.]

- Attend the local Remembrance Day ceremony. [My family and I will attend our town's ceremony on Sunday, November 11th.]

- Change your Facebook profile picture to a poppy. [Done.]

- Blog, tweet or update your Facebook status about the importance of remembrance. [I'm posting a series of articles on my blog, starting tomorrow with "Private William Vanasse, WWI Veteran".]

How will you remember? Comment te souviendras-tu?

Copyright © 2012, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.