Friday, December 07, 2012

Friday Photo: Yvonne in Granny's arms

Last month, I purchased an ebook book titled The Big Genealogy Blog Book by Amy Coffin. (Visit Amy on her blog at The We Tree Genealogy Blog.)

I ordered my copy of this book from the Kindle Store at Amazon. It’s very reasonably priced ($2.99) and it easily downloaded to my iPad, where I used my Kindle reader to view it. This is a great book for genealogy bloggers (beginners or advanced) who want ideas to help them get over writer’s block.

The first idea I’m putting into action from Amy’s book is from Chapter 7. Idea no. 1 says:
"Examine your collection of family photos. Upload your favorite image to your blog and share it with your readers. Answer the “who, what, when, where and why” of the photo, then explain why it is your favorite."
My take on this idea is that I’m going to upload favorite photos on the first two Fridays of each month – hence the title of this post “Friday Photo”. The first week’s Friday photo will be from my side of the family and the second week’s will come from my husband’s side of the family. Since Christmas is soon upon us, I’ll showcase “Christmasy” family photos for December.

Yvonne with grandmother Julie and aunt Darlene at Christmas 1958

Who:
My paternal grandmother Julie holding me (Yvonne), and her daughter, my aunt Darlene.

What:
Mom and Dad invited family to come celebrate Christmas with them. I was my parents’ first child, so that year’s Christmas was especially important to my folks.

When:
The photo was taken on or about Christmas Day 1958.

Where:
At my parents’ apartment in Timmins, Ontario.

Why:
We’re family and we’re celebrating Christmas!

This is one of my favorite photos because there are only a handful of pictures of me when I was an infant, and even fewer of them of me with my grandmother and aunt.

Copyright © 2012, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.