Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Photo: Wedding Guests

On the first two Fridays of each month, I showcase a family photo and answer the “who, what, when, where and why” of that picture. The first week’s Friday photo is taken from my side of the family* and the second week’s Friday photo is chosen from my husband’s side of the family. (I got the idea for this column from Amy Coffin’s ebook The Big Genealogy Blog Book advertised on her The We Tree Genealogy Blog.)

* I didn’t get around to posting a photo of my family last week, but will be back next month.

Ann with her brother Pete and his wife Lucy in 1980
Ann (left) with her brother Pete and his wife Lucy, 1980

Who:
My husband’s mother Ann (Cazakoff) Demoskoff, her elder brother Pete Cazakoff and his wife Lucy (Pereversoff) Cazakoff.

What:
Pete and Lucy pose with his sister Ann in her backyard at home.

When:
June 1980.

Where:
Grand Forks, British Columbia, Canada.

Why:
Pete and Lucy were in town from Saskatchewan for the wedding of their niece Margaret (Maggie), Ann's daughter.

My husband Michael loves this photo, because "Pete and Lucy were a very likeable aunt and uncle". (They didn’t have children of their own and felt close to their nieces and nephews.) They also made great shasliki [var. shaslik; shisliki] (marinated lamb cooked over an open-pit fire). It’s also one of the last photos taken of his mother Ann, who passed away in July 1980.

Copyright © 2013, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.