Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sentimental Sunday: Happy Father’s Day, Dad


Maurice Belair with his family
Belair family, 1979

It’s been 17 years since you passed away, Dad. It’s been 17 years since I haven’t been able to wish you a “Happy Father’s Day”.

I miss you as much today as I did when you left us – Mom, Marianne, Raymond, and I – but I have (we all have) found a way of coping with your absence.

I miss you when I visit Raymond, your only son, and see how much he resembles you in his way of laughing and talking.

I miss you when Marianne and I reminiscence about our childhood and the things we did with you, like going for skidoo rides, attending the yearly Sportsman Show at the McIntyre arena, and tagging along with you to Canadian Tire on Saturday mornings.

I miss you when Mom and I are watching television and we see something funny and we say “Dad would have laughed at that”.

I miss you when I see my son Nicholas grow into a fine young man. He was only 3½ years old when you suddenly left his world, but I’ve made sure that he’s never forgotten how much you loved him.

I miss you when I make a discovery in my family tree research and can’t tell you about it, especially when it’s about your side of the family.

Our lives haven’t been the same since that fateful day. You are still in our thoughts, our prayers, our everyday lives, and in our hearts.

Happy Father’s Day, Dad.

Copyright © 2013, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.