Saturday, August 24, 2013

My First Blogiversary!

 
cupcake with candle

Wow! It’s hard for me to believe that one year ago today (August 24, 2012) I first blogged about my family’s (and my husband’s) genealogy and history.

My blogging “career” started when I discovered genealogy blogs a few years ago. I lurked for a couple of years, before I even thought that I might blog one day, and when I made up my mind to do so, it took me a few more months before I actually felt confident enough to begin.

And I’m so glad that I did! In the past twelve months, blogging has turned out to be a creative and practical outlet for my research. I’ve had fun chatting with other bloggers through comments and emails, and even found distant cousins. But probably most of all, blogging has helped me to be more careful and conscientious in my day-to-day personal research and in the articles I write for my blog.

I’m thrilled and humbled to know that my blog has 39 followers and I want to thank all of you and my readers for dropping by to see what’s new, to read, and to comment!

Sometimes I wonder if I should go on; I worry if it’s worth it. Having a blog is something of a responsibility and I’m not sure if I’m doing alright or if I can find new topics. It’s at times like these that I remember the advice Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings gave me when we met this past May at the NGS 2013 Conference in Las Vegas. When I asked him about how to blog, he said, “Just write.”

So, thanks, Randy and all the other genealogy bloggers that inspire me; you’re a fantastic group of people!

Copyright © 2013, Yvonne Demoskoff.

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations Yvonne, may you go from strength to strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pauleen! It's been a great ride, so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Yvonne! I've really enjoyed your blog over the past year. That's good advice from Randy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathryn; what a nice thing to say! I liked Randy's advice - simple, but effective :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats and Happy 1st Blogiversary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne,

      I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2013/08/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-august-30.html

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Happy blogiversary to you as well! I was hoping I could of had 52 post I came short. Perhaps next year. Thank you again. shelley@minkyadoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo-hoo! One year down, many more to come! Congrats, Yvonne!!

    ReplyDelete

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.