Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sentimental Sunday: Eugène and Juliette Desgroseilliers

Eugene Desgroseilliers and Juliette Beauvais wedding 1925
Desgroseilliers - Beauvais wedding, 1925

I’m feeling a touch sentimental today, as I think about the grandmother I never knew and the grandfather I knew only as a toddler.

You see, on this day – 18 August 1925 – my maternal grandparents Eugène and Juliette (Beauvais) Desgroseilliers were married.

This is the only known photo of their wedding, celebrated in Moonbeam, Ontario, Canada.

Eugène was the eldest son of Albert and Clémentine (Léveillé) Desgroseilliers; he was two weeks’ shy of his 25th birthday. Juliette, the eldest daughter of Joseph and Olivine (Hotte) Beauvais, was just 24.

My grandfather was a very tall, slim man – 6’7”, while my grandmother was short and petite, only 5’2”.

Doesn’t Juliette look almost doll-like with her pretty, bobbed hair next to her towering, handsome husband?

Copyright © 2013, Yvonne Demoskoff.

2 comments:

  1. She does, what a wonderful photo this is too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite photos of my grandparents, Karen. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete