Saturday, September 07, 2013

The Book of Me – Prompt 2 – Your Birth

The Book of Me, Written By You is a newly-created project by Julie Goucher at Anglers Rest. As Julie explain, “It is about a personal journey; a journey of rediscovery of yourself and perhaps your loved ones through your eyes”. You can participate through her blog or through GeneaBloggers. For more information, see here.

Prompt 2: Your Birth

• Do you have any baby photos?

I have a few black and white baby photos. The earliest picture of me is when I was 12 days old taken on the day I was baptised.

• Where were you born?

St. Mary’s Hospital (now Timmins and District Hospital) in Timmins, Ontario, Canada.

• Who was present at your birth?

Mom and one or two nurses were present at my birth. (The doctor told Mom that I wouldn’t be born until later in the morning, so he left her in the care of the nurses. I fooled him, though, and was born about an hour after he left.) Dad was at home, sleeping. (He brought Mom to the hospital about 8 p.m., but didn’t stay long, because he was told it would be a few hours before I made my appearance.)

• Dimensions?

Height: 18¼“. Weight: 6 lbs. 4½ oz.

• What day was it? Time?

Wednesday at 2:10 a.m. (I still have my hospital baby ID bracelet.)

• Did you have hair? Eye colours

Lots of dark hair and brown eyes.

• Are you a twin?

No, but I would have liked to have been one.

Copyright © 2013, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.