Friday, October 04, 2013

Friday Photo: Father and Children

On the first two Fridays of each month, I showcase a family photo and answer the “who, what, when, where and why” of that picture. The first week’s Friday photo is taken from my side of the family and the second week’s Friday photo is chosen from my husband’s side of the family. (I got the idea for this column from Amy Coffin’s ebook The Big Genealogy Blog Book advertised on her The We Tree Genealogy Blog.)

Fred Belair with his son Maurice Belair and his daughter Darlene Belair
Fred Belair with his children Darlene (centre) and Maurice (right), 1960s

Who:
Fred Belair (left) with his daughter Darlene and son Maurice. (The handwriting at the top of the picture belongs to Dad’s other sister, Joan.)

What:
My paternal grandfather Fred poses with his children Maurice and Darlene.

When:
Probably summer in the mid- to late 1960s.

Where:
In the province of Ontario, Canada, possibly in Timmins (where my family lived) or in Peterborough (where my aunt lived).

Why:
I don’t know why this photo was taken. I hope that a relative will see the picture and know when, where and why my Dad, his sister and their father were together.

I love this photo, despite not knowing anything about its occasion. Actually, it’s more accurate to say that this picture is a digital scan of a photograph. The original is owned by my aunt Joan (Dad’s sister) and she brought it along with other family photos and memorabilia when she visited my home in April 2011. My husband and I were so busy scanning all those items that I guess I neglected to ask aunt Joan what she remembered about this picture.

Copyright © 2013, Yvonne Demoskoff.

2 comments:

  1. Yvonnie. I love your Friday Photo posts. Thought you'd like some general feedback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, Devon; much appreciate it!

      Delete

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.