Saturday, April 05, 2014

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun – Your Genea-Selfie Photo

It’s Saturday, and Randy over at Genea-Musings has issued his weekly challenge for his readers!

Tonight’s challenge is “Your Genea-Selfie Photo” – take a self-portrait with something genealogical in it. Randy got the idea from The Gould Genealogy blog, Genealogy & History News, which is running a photo contest for the month of April. 

I used my husband’s iPhone 5C, because it’s easier to take a selfie with it than my older model iPhone.

Here‘s my “genea-selfie photo”:

Yvonne Demoskoff


I’m standing in front of one of my genealogy bookcases in the spare bedroom in my house and holding three booklets about my family that I researched and self-published in 2010 and 2011.

Copyright © 2014, Yvonne Demoskoff.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your genea-selfie Yvonne. Love you pic, and well done on writing your books. I totally admire anyone who does, it's such a huge task. Anyway I've now entered you into the competiton. So all the best for that, as well as you continued research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alona! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the competition :-)

      Delete
  2. I just participated in my first Saturday Night challenge, though I'm pretty late! I hope to actually do it on Saturday this week!

    I like that you have self-published some books. Years ago, I did some home-made books for my family for Christmas. It's probably been 10 years... maybe I could do that again this Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family books on just about any topics are certainly a great idea, Dana - at Christmas or any time :)

      Delete
  3. This is my first Saturday Night challenge and I thought I'd see what others had posted. I love how you've self-published some books! I did a couple of really small ones about 10 years ago, but they were mainly family group sheets and charts. I think I'll try to do it again this year, but focus on some stories!

    ReplyDelete

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.