Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day scrapbooking layout

A few years ago, I made this scrapbook layout and gave it to my Mom for Mother’s Day. I recently took it out of its black-edged frame and asked my husband to photograph it for me.

The layout measures 30 cm x 30 cm (12" x 12"). I didn't keep track of all the elements I used, but the background paper is "C'est Pink" by Rhonna Farrer for Autumn Leaves. On my screen (and perhaps yours), the paper looks almost orange, but it's actually a brilliant pink. 

I was a newbie scrapbooker when I created this layout and didn’t have much experience. I don’t think I did too badly, but now I would do some things differently. For example, I’d back the quote onto a solid piece of cardstock, and I’d give a more generous border to the flower-photo-patterned paper section.

I’ve concentrated so much on my genealogy research these last few years that I haven’t scrapbooked like I used to. Looking at this layout, though, and finding great scrapping ideas from genealogy blogger and scrapbooker A Patient Genealogist, it's inspiring me to try my hand at scrapbooking my family history.

Happy Mother’s Day, Mom, and to mothers everywhere!

Copyright © 2014, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.