Monday, May 12, 2014

I'm Off to Ontario!

In about 24 hours from now, I’m heading back home, to my home province of Ontario, that is.

Map of Ontario

It’s been quite a few years since I’ve been back east, and it’s a trip I’ve wanted to make for a long time.

The main reason to visit Ontario is to see my aunts – Dad’s sisters Joan and Darlene, and Mom’s sisters Madeleine and Jeanne d’arc – to talk, reminisce, scan photos and documents. Since they live in three different cities, it’s going to be a whirlwind trip.

Besides visiting my Aunts, I plan on doing research at the Archives of Ontario, located in Toronto and tour the city. While up north in Timmins, I want to revisit the streets where I lived, the schools I attended, and the churches where I worshipped. I also want to visit local cemeteries, in particular where my paternal grandparents rest.

It’s going to be a family trip, with my husband and son (it’s his first time to Ontario). My Mom was scheduled to come with us, but will now stay behind at home, because of some health concerns. lt wasn't an easy decision for her physician to make, but she didn't want to compromise Mom's health. I promised my Mom that I'd take even more photos, chat even more with her sisters, and visit even more sites for me to share with her on my return.  

We fly out tomorrow Tuesday, May 13 and return to British Columbia on Friday, May 23.

I’m taking a break from blogging during the ten days I’m away from my computer. I’ve prepared two articles (ancestors #20 and #21) for 52 Ancestors that will appear, though, on their regularly scheduled days.

See you in a couple of weeks!

Copyright © 2014, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.