Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sentimental Sunday: Birthday Girls

Birthday photo of Jacqueline, Julie and Joan

This wonderful photo is one of only a handful of photographs that exist of my Mom, my aunt, and my grandmother celebrating their birthdays on the same day.

Without a doubt, they were the three most important women in my early life: my mother Jacqueline (seen at right), my aunt and godmother Joan (on the left), and my beloved grandmother – Mémère Julie (in the centre).

When I was young, these birthday girls often celebrated their birthdays on the same day with one cake for all three, because Mom’s birthday was on August 30, Mémère was on August 31, and Aunt Joan was on September 1.

The photo is dated “FEB 1961”, but it was actually taken on one of those August or September days in 1960.

Copyright © 2014, Yvonne Demoskoff.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanne. I only "discovered" it when I visited my Aunt Joan during my trip to Ontario earlier this year.

      Delete

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.