Monday, September 29, 2014

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Page

Earlier this year, Amy Johnson Crow of No Story Too Small issued herself and her readers a challenge for 2014 called “52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks”. As Amy put it, the challenge was to “have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor”.

I accepted that challenge almost immediately (my first post went out on 4 January 2014), and as of last Friday (26 September 2014), I’m still writing “one blog post each week”.

At first, I thought this would be easy to do, but as the weeks went by, it became more and more challenging to find an ancestor about whom I had enough biographical details to write a blog post. I almost gave up once or twice, but just when I thought I couldn’t go on, I’d find a fresh angle for a particular ancestor, and my energy level revived and I soldiered on.

Although there are still thirteen weeks to go before the challenge is over, I’ve put together a list of all my past 52 Ancestors blog posts in one place on a new page – the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks page.

There are four categories on that page: my Paternal Ancestors, my Maternal Ancestors, My Husband’s Ancestors, and Updates. In the coming weeks, I’ll add the remaining articles when they get uploaded to my blog.

Thanks for reading!

Copyright © 2014, Yvonne Demoskoff.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yvonne, I wanted to let you know I've nominated your blog for the One Lovely Blog Award!
    http://www.asenseoffamily.com/2014/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.