Friday, September 05, 2014

Funeral Card Friday: Cecilia (Vanasse) Potvin

Cecilia Vanasse Potvin memorial card
Front of card

My great-aunt Cecilia was the elder sister of my paternal grandmother Julie (Vanasse) Belair. I didn’t know Aunt Celia (as she was known to her family) until I was studying at university in Ottawa where she lived. I used to visit her and Uncle Clem at their apartment on Empress Avenue, which happened to be across the street from St-Jean-Baptiste church where my Dad was baptised. I loved talking with her about my Mémère Julie, who died when I was young. After my family moved to British Columbia, we got to see Aunt Celia once or twice on our vacations back east. I was very sad to hear of her death, knowing that I lost another link with the past and my grandmother.

Cecilia Vanasse Potvin memorial card
Back of card

Copyright © 2014, Yvonne Demoskoff.

2 comments:

  1. Yvonne, I enjoy reading your posts so have nominated your blog as "One Lovely Blog".
    Please do not feel that you need to participate but I hope that you get a few more readers.
    http://shazlex.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html
    Regards,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you, Sharon! How very nice to be nominated for the "One Lovely Blog" award.

      Delete

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.