Thursday, October 23, 2014

Do you know where your grandparents were born?

Yesterday, Elizabeth Lapointe of GenealogyCanada wrote a blog post about how a recent survey by Ancestry.ca found that “only 42% [of survey responders] know where their grandparents were born”.

I didn’t take part in Ancestry’s survey (I don’t recall seeing it), but I know when and where my grandparents were born. (I can provide sources on request.)

Fred Belair: 26 November 1889 Ste-Cécile-de-Masham, Quebec.
Julie Vanasse: 31 August 1896 Chapeau, Quebec.

Fred and Julie Belair

Eugène Desgroseilliers: 30 August 1900 St. Charles, Ontario.
Juliette Beauvais: 30 June 1901 Chénéville, Quebec.

Eugene and Juliette Desgroseilliers

So here’s a challenge for my readers and genealogy bloggers:

Do you know when and where your grandparents were born?

If so, feel free to post a comment. If not, see if you can find out.

Copyright © 2014, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.