Sunday, July 05, 2015

52 Ancestors 2015: #27 Three Captives and an Immigrant

I’m participating in “52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2015 Edition” by Amy Johnson Crow of No Story Too Small.

For the 27th week of this challenge, I used the optional weekly theme (Independent) to highlight my American ancestors: Elizabeth Price (my 8x great-grandmother), Sarah Allen and Deborah Cole (my 6x great-grandmothers), and François Durgey (my 4x great-grandfather).

Two years ago, I originally wrote about Elizabeth, the eldest of these ancestors, and how she was taken captive during the French and Indian raid on Deerfield in present-day Massachusetts; see Elizabeth Price, Deerfield Captive.

I plan to eventually write short bios about Deborah and Sarah (brought to New France as captives in 1703 and 1704, respectively) and François, who immigrated to Lower Canada before 1810.

For now, here are basic details for these ancestors seen below in the chart. Using this format, a cousin who comes across this article one day will be able to see how much of a line of descent we share.

Chart of my American ancestors

Copyright © 2015, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.