Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday’s Faces from the Past: Aunt Darlene

Julie Belair and her daughters Joan and Darlene

Darlene is the younger daughter of Fred and Julie (Vanasse) Belair, my grandparents. Her older brothers and sister were Maurice (my father), Joan, and Ray.

That’s my Mémère Julie and Tante Joan with a young Darlene (at the front) in the picture, taken about 1943.

It’s Aunt Darlene’s 80th birthday this Sunday, October 18. We live about 4500 km (about 2800 miles) apart, she in Ontario and I in British Columbia, so I won’t be able to wish her “Happy Birthday” in person. Instead, I’ll call her that afternoon and let her know that I love her, miss her, and hope she has a wonderful day.

Copyright © 2015, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.