Friday, February 19, 2016

Funeral Card Friday: Dennis Saucier

Dennis Saucier memorial card front
Dennis and I were second cousins. Our parents – my father Maurice and his mother Lucille (Lou) – were the children of Vanasse sisters Julie and Cecilia, respectively.

I first met my cousin, who was known as Butch, when my family was on vacation in Ottawa in the summer of 1969. We stayed at his parents’ home, a brick bungalow on a tree-lined street, during our stay in our nation’s capital.

Dennis was only 54 years old when he died on 24 February 2006. I didn’t attend his funeral, but was given his memorial card a couple of years ago by my Aunt Joan (his mother’s cousin), who received it after the service.

Copyright © 2016, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.