Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sentimental Sunday: Happy Saint Valentine

While looking for Valentine’s Day memorabilia, I came across this art work I made for my Mom and Dad when I was in elementary school. I signed my name in cursive, so I was probably in Grade 4. (I have another Valentine that I made for my parents in Grade 3, so I must have been older when I did this Valentine.)

Valentine's Day artwork


The simple heart outline with its pre-printed text is surrounded by more hearts and roses. The sheet of paper measures 28 cm x 21.5 cm (11” x 8.5”). It's in fairly good shape, but has yellowed a bit and has a couple of small tears at the top and bottom.

Here’s my translation of the French text:


“Dear parents,
You so good, you so perfect,
Who lavish us with much love,
Dear parents, on this beautiful day,
May God shower upon you His kindness
Happy S[aint] Valentine
Your child who loves you”

This Valentine is one of only two Valentines that I still have from my school days. The first one can be seen at Treasure Chest Thursday: Petit Valentin.

Copyright © 2016, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.