Friday, March 25, 2016

Five Generations of Birth Locations

It seems like everybody’s doin’ it on their blogs or on Facebook – creating a five generation chart showing our ancestors’ birthplace locations, that is. Some examples include A Shiny Thing to Distract Genealogists at Olive Tree Genealogy Blog and Five Generation Chart at Passage to the Past's Blog.

It’s cool to see in an image where my ancestors were born, so I decided to follow suit.

My parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and great-great-grandparents were all born in Canada. I therefore decided to show just the provinces (in block letters) and the counties or districts (in parentheses). Ontario birthplaces are in yellow and Quebec birthplaces are in blue.

Five Generation Birth Location Chart

I don’t remember where I first saw the chart I downloaded, even though it was only this morning. The original is a Microsoft Excel document and the file name is “Blank Five Generation Custom Chart JPH v2 Birth Places.xlsx”.

Copyright © 2016, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.