Friday, December 16, 2016

Friday’s Faces from the Past: Fred Belair’s 84th Birthday

The month of December was always a special time in my family when I was growing up. It wasn’t just because of Christmas (though that was pretty high on my list of specials as a child), it was also because of my sister and my grandfather’s birthdays and my parents’ wedding anniversary were all on the same day – December 18th!

In December 1973, my Aunt Joan (Dad’s sister) hosted an evening party for my Pépère Fred on his 84th birthday. She invited family, friends and relatives. Since Christmas was a week away, Aunt Joan’s house was decorated for the holidays. There was also plenty of good food and there was lots of great company.

My grandfather Fred poses with his daughter Joan (left) and his daughter-in-law (my Mom) Jackie (right).

Fred Belair with his daughter Joan and his daughter-in-law Jackie

Bonne fête, Pépère Fred!

Copyright © 2016, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.