I haven’t participated in Randy Seaver’s SNGF in a few months, so when I saw tonight’s “mission” – The Date Your Father Was Born – I thought it was time to get back in the swing of things.
Here’s the mission for Saturday, July 13, 2013:
1) What day of the week was your Father born? Tell us how you found out.
2) What has happened in recorded history on your Father's birth date (day and month)? Tell us how you found out, and list five events.
3) What famous people have been born on your Father's birth date? Tell us how you found out, and list five of them.
4) Put your responses in your own blog post, in a comment on this blog post, or in a status or comment on Facebook.
1) My Dad Maurice Belair was born on 2 August 1927 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. It was a Tuesday, according to the ‘create calendar’ feature at timeanddate.com.
2) Five world history events that happened on August 2 (according to Historical Events on 2nd August):
1492 – Jews are expelled from Spain by King Ferdinand & Queen Isabella
1610 – Henry Hudson enters bay later named after him, the Hudson Bay
1790 – The first US Census is conducted
1865 – Lewis Carroll publishes "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"
1932 – The positron (antiparticle of the electron) is discovered by Carl D. Anderson
3) Five famous people born on August 2 (according to biography.com and August 2: Today's Notable Birthdays):
1754 – Pierre Charles L'Enfant, French-American engineer, architect and designer of Washington, D.C.
1835 – Elisha Gray, American telecommunications equipment inventor
1892 – Jacob (Jack) Leonard Warner, Canadian-American film studio co-owner (Warner Brothers)
1923 – Shimon Peres, Prime Minister of Israel
1924 – Carroll O’Connor, actor
4) Done here and I’ve also put a link to it in a comment at Randy’s blog.
Copyright © 2013, Yvonne Demoskoff.