Tonight it’s “Birth Order in Your Line” in which we answer two questions and then share our answers in a blog post, a comment to Randy’s blog post, or at Facebook.
1. Pick one of your ancestral lines - any one - patrilineal, matrilineal, zigzag, from a famous ancestor, etc. Pick a long one if you can.
2. Tell us which position in the birth order that your ancestor was in each generation. For example "third child, first son." Also list how many children were born to these parents.
I chose my mother’s patrilineal line – Desgroseilliers – from 1900 back to 1698, except for the tenth and eleventh generations (from 1661 back to 1618) to show the origin of that line’s patronym.
1. Yvonne Belair (living), first child and elder daughter of Maurice and Jacqueline (Desgroseilliers) Belair (1 son, 2 daughters)
2. Jacqueline Desgroseilliers (living), 6th child, 5th daughter of Eugène and Juliette (Beauvais) Desgroseilliers (2 sons, 7 daughters)
3. Eugène Desgroseilliers (1900-1960), 1st child and eldest son of Albert and Clémentine (Léveillé) Desgroseilliers (11 sons, 3 daughters)
4. Albert Desgroseilliers (1879-1957), 8th child and 5th son of Pierre and Flavie (Lepage) Desgroseilliers (7 sons, 6 daughters)
5. Pierre Desgroseilliers (1841-1904), 7th child and 3rd son of François and Elisabeth (Lemieux) Desgroseilliers (6 sons, 5 daughters)
6. François Desgroseilliers (1804-1853), 1st child and eldest son of François and Louise (Roy) Desgroseilliers (7 sons, 3 daughters)
7. François Desgroseilliers (1783-1865), 8th child and 5th son of Jean-Baptiste and Charlotte (Lunegand dite Beaurosier) Bouchard (6 sons, 6 daughters, and 1 of unknown gender)
8. Joseph Prosper Dorval (later Desgroseilliers) (1743-ca 1796), 5th child and 3rd son of Jean-Baptiste and Marie-Josèphe (de Chavigny) Bouchard (5 sons, 4 daughters, and 1 of unknown gender)
9. Jean-Baptiste Bouchard (also Dorval) (1698-1755), 2nd child and eldest son of Marie-Antoinette Chouart and her 2nd husband Jean-Baptiste Bouchard (4 sons, 2 daughters)
10. Marie-Antoinette Chouart (1661-1731), 4th child and 3rd daughter of Médard Chouart, sieur des Groseilliers and his 2nd wife Marguerite Hayet (1 son, 3 daughters)
11. Médard Chouart, sieur des Groseilliers (1618-ca 1696), 4th child and 4th son of Médard and Marie (Poirier) Chouart (4 sons)
My averages are:
Child number: 4.3
Number of children: 8.8
Copyright © 2019, Yvonne Demoskoff.