Friday, January 24, 2014

52 Ancestors: #4 Juliette Beauvais – 10 Facts

Amy Johnson Crow at No Story Too Small has issued herself and her readers a challenge for 2014. It’s called “52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks”, and as Amy explains, the challenge is to “have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor”.

For the 4th week of this challenge, I chose to highlight ten facts about my maternal grandmother Juliette Beauvais (1901-1948), the grandmother I never knew, because she died before I was born.


Juliette Desgroseilliers
Juliette (Beauvais) Desgroseilliers, 1930s


10 Facts about Juliette Beauvais

  1. Born on 30 June 1901 in Chénéville, Papineau County, Quebec.
  2. The third child and eldest daughter in a family of 16 children.
  3. Received the names “Marie Julie” at her baptism, but was known as Juliette.
  4. Quite short, only 5’2” tall.
  5. Was 24 years old when she married.
  6. Mother of nine children, six of whom survived to adulthood.
  7. Member of the Society of St. Anne (Dames de Sainte-Anne).
  8. Knew only French (couldn’t speak English).
  9. Was 47 years, 1 month, 13 days old at her death.
  10. Died of cancer of pancreas after an illness of three months.

Copyright © 2014, Yvonne Demoskoff.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely lady, and oh my goodness she gave birth to nine babies! Bravo, and it is sad that she was sick for so long, before her death. But I imagine the days of her life were wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a chance to know my grandmother, and I'm sure many of her days were wonderful, Karen.

      Delete