For the 4th week of this challenge, I chose to highlight ten facts about my maternal grandmother Juliette Beauvais (1901-1948), the grandmother I never knew, because she died before I was born.
|Juliette (Beauvais) Desgroseilliers, 1930s|
10 Facts about Juliette Beauvais
- Born on 30 June 1901 in Chénéville, Papineau County, Quebec.
- The third child and eldest daughter in a family of 16 children.
- Received the names “Marie Julie” at her baptism, but was known as Juliette.
- Quite short, only 5’2” tall.
- Was 24 years old when she married.
- Mother of nine children, six of whom survived to adulthood.
- Member of the Society of St. Anne (Dames de Sainte-Anne).
- Knew only French (couldn’t speak English).
- Was 47 years, 1 month, 13 days old at her death.
- Died of cancer of pancreas after an illness of three months.
Copyright © 2014, Yvonne Demoskoff.