A blessed and happy Easter, everyone!
Joyeuses Pâques, tout le monde!
Copyright © 2019, Yvonne Demoskoff.
1) What day of the week was your Grandfather born (either one)? Tell us how you found out.
2) What has happened in recorded history on your Grandfather's birth date (day and month)? Tell us how you found out, and list five events.
3) What famous people have been born on your Grandfather's birth date? Tell us how you found out, and list five of them.
|Hotte - Lacasse marriage record (Ancestry)|
Le vingt sept mars mil huit cent soixante / quatre, nous curé soussigné après la publica- / tion de trois bans de mariage faite au prône / de nos messes paroissiales entre Louis Hotte cult. domi / cilié à Harwell fils majeur de J. Bte Hotte cult. / et de Archange Sigouin, d’une part; et Marguerite / Lacasse domiciliée au même lieu, fille majeure de / Pierre Lacasse cult. et de Thérèse Doyer d’autre part / ne s’étant découvert aucun empechement à leur / mariage nous avons reçu le mutuel consentement / de mariage des époux et leur avons donné la bénédi- / tion nuptial en présence de Emery Villeneuve et / de Amédé Goyer qui, ainsi que les époux ont déclaré / ne savoir signer. / [signed] C. Guillaume
The twenty seven March one thousand eight hundred sixty / four, we undersigned parish priest after the publica- / tion of three banns of marriage done at the sermons / of our parish masses between Louis Hotte [farmer] domi / ciled in Hartwell son of age of J. Bte Hotte [farmer] / and of Archange Sigouin, on the one part; and Marguerite / Lacasse domiciled at the same place, daughter of age of / Pierre Lacasse [farmer] and of Thérèse Doyer on the other part / not having discovered any impediment to their / marriage we have received the mutual consent / of marriage of the spouses and have given them the nuptial benedi- / cation in the presence of Emery Villeneuve and / of Amédé Goyer who, along with the spouses have declared / not knowing how to write [their names]. / [signed] C. Guillaume
1. Pick one of your ancestral lines - any one - patrilineal, matrilineal, zigzag, from a famous ancestor, etc. Pick a long one if you can.
2. Tell us which position in the birth order that your ancestor was in each generation. For example "third child, first son." Also list how many children were born to these parents.
1) How many generations do you have photographs or portraits of your ancestors and descendants? It can be any line...it just can't be broken!
2) Tell us the line, or better yet, show us the unbroken line. Provide birth-death years, and the approximate date that the photograph or portrait was made.
3) Share your generation picture line in a blog post of your own, or in a Facebook post, or in a comment to this post.
A couple of days ago, I wrote a post about the passing of an old family friend, Johanne Laneville. After reading her obituary today, I realized that my post contained a couple of errors, so I’m posting the corrections here. First, Johanne’s name is spelled Johann in her obituary, and second, she was the mother of three, not two, children. My apologies to her family and my readers.