|Langlois - Grenier marriage record (Ancestry.ca)|
Their marriage record (above), in French, in the rather stylish handwriting of the 1600s is a copy.  The original was lost when the chapel of Notre-Dame-de-Recouvrance’s sacramental registers were destroyed in a fire on 15 June 1640.  Shortly after this disaster, the early records were recreated from memory by Jesuit priests. 
|Langlois - Grenier marriage record (Généalogie Québec.com)|
This version of Noël and Françoise’s marriage record is another copy, but I don’t know when it was produced.  It is much more legible than the first one and can be read easily, assuming one knows French. Here is my transcription:
Le 25. Juillet 1634 Les bans ordinaires / estant faits, et ne S’estant trouvé / aucun légitime empeschement, / Le P. Charles Lallemant Jesuite faisant / fonction de Curé a Quebec, apres avoir / Interrogé ouy et receu le mutuel / consentement A Solemnellement marié et conioint en le lieu du St Mariage / Noel Langlois et françoise Grenier. / Presens M. Robert Giffart Chirurgien / et M. Noel Juchereau.
My English translation:
The 25. July 1634 The ordinary banns / having been done, and not finding / any legitimate [objection?] / the P. Charles Lallement Jesuit having / the role of [parish priest] at Quebec, after having / Interrogated [yes?] and received the mutual / consent Has Solemnly married / and [united?] in the location of the Holy Marriage / Noel Langlois and françoise Grenier. / Present Mr. Robert Giffart Surgeon / and Mr. Noel Juchereau.
The couple had ten children, four sons and six daughters.  I have three lines of descent (paternal and maternal) from Noël and Françoise: two from their elder daughter Marguerite (1639-1697), who married notary Paul Vachon, and one from younger daughter Jeanne (1643-?), who married René Chevalier, a master mason.
Françoise died on 1 November 1665 at Quebec. Noël, who remarried in 1666, died on 14 July 1684 at Beauport. 
1. Michel Langlois, “Noël Langlois (1606-1684) et ses enfants”, Mémoires de la Société généalogique canadienne-française 26 (avril-mai-juin 1975): 83-102, specifically 87; DVD edition (Montreal, QC: SGCF, 2013).
2. Notre-Dame (Quebec, Quebec), parish register, Marriages 1621-1671, p. 101 (stamped), entry no. 1634 [year of marriage], Noel Langlois – françoise Grenier (written as Noel Langlois – françoise Grenier, indexed as Noel Langlois – Francoise Grenier) marriage, 25 July 1634; Notre-Dame parish; digital images, “Quebec Vital and Church Records (Drouin Collection), 1621-1967”, Ancestry.ca (http://www.ancestry.ca : accessed 14 April 2016). A transcription of the record created in 1640 can be seen in Michel Langlois, “Noël Langlois (1606-1684) et ses enfants”, Mémoires de la Société généalogique canadienne-française 26 (avril-mai-juin 1975): 83-102, specifically 86-87; DVD edition (Montreal, QC: SGCF, 2013).
3. Georges Gauthier Larouche, L’église pionnière de Québec: origines et fondateurs (1615-1664) (Québec: Les éditions de Septentrion, 2014), 70 and 72.
4. Hubert Charbonneau et Raymond Roy, “Généalogie, démographie et registres paroissiaux”, Mémoires de la Société généalogique canadienne-française 27 (jan.-fév.-mars 1976): 23-36, specifically 31; DVD edition (Montreal, QC: SGCF, 2013).
5. Notre-Dame (Quebec, Quebec), parish register, Marriages 1621-1671, no page no., entry no. M.3 (1634), Noel Langlois – Francoise Grenier marriage, 25 July 1634; Notre-Dame parish; digital images, “Registres du Fonds Drouin”, Généalogie Québec.com (http://www.genealogiequebec.com : accessed 14 April 2016).
6. René Jetté, Dictionnaire généalogique des familles du Québec (Montréal: Les Presses de l’Université de Montréal, 1983), 645.
7. Langlois, “Noël Langlois (1606-1684) et ses enfants”, 95 and 102.
Copyright © 2016, Yvonne Demoskoff.