Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday's Obituary: Juliette Desgroseilliers

On Tuesday, 4 September, 2012, I posted a photo of my Desgroseilliers grandparents’ gravemarker. I posted my grandfather Eugène's obituary last Sunday. Today, I’m following up those posts with a scanned image of my grandmother Juliette’s obituary. Note that her married name is misspelled twice in the clipping as “Des Grosielliers” and as "Des Grosielleiers". (Her daughter Normande's name is also misspelled as "Normand".)


Juliette Desgroseilliers obituary, 1948.

Source: “Mrs. E. DesGrosielliers”, obituary, undated clipping [August 1948], from unidentified newspaper; Demoskoff Family Papers, privately held by Yvonne (Belair) Demoskoff, British Columbia, 2012. Juliette’s obituary, along with other family newspaper clippings, was given by Mrs. Maurice Belair (née Jacqueline Desgroseilliers) to her daughter Yvonne in the 1970s. 

Copyright © 2012, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment