Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday’s Obituary: Joe Saucier

Joseph Saucier obituary
Joseph Saucier obituary, 1993

Joseph Saucier was born on 6 March 1922 in the parish of St. Raphael, near South Glengarry in eastern Ontario, Canada. Joe, who served in World War II and in Korea, married my Dad’s first cousin Lucille (Lou) Potvin in 1946. I used to visit him and Lou at their home when I was a student at the University of Ottawa.

Joe died on 27 July 1993 in Ottawa and was buried there in Hope Cemetery. I will always remember him as very nice man, kind, soft-spoken, with a hint of mischievousness.

Source:

“Joseph Olier Saucier”, obituary, undated clipping (1993), from unidentified newspaper; Demoskoff Family Papers, privately held by Yvonne (Belair) Demoskoff, British Columbia, 2013.

Copyright © 2013, Yvonne Demoskoff.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, he must be of my distant relatives. Saucier is my maiden name. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool, Michelle! I quickly checked Ancestry.ca for Joe's ancestors, and got as far back as his great-great-grandparents Francois Regis Saucier who married Marie Dancosse in 1815 in Louiseville, Maskinongé County, Quebec.

      Delete