Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday’s Faces from the Past: Eugene and his daughter

Eugene Desgroseilliers with his daughter Mariette in 1928
Eugene Desgroseilliers and his daughter Mariette, 1928

Today marks the 53rd anniversary of the passing of my maternal grandfather Eugène Desgroseilliers, who died on 20 September 1960 in Sarnia, Lambton County, Ontario.

I wanted to honour his memory by posting this wonderful photo of him and his little girl Mariette.

My aunt (who passed away in 2008) appears to be about six or seven months old, while my grandfather was 27 years old (or 28, if the picture was taken on or after his birthday on 30 August).

Eugene, his wife Juliette and their infant daughter lived in Hearst, Cochrane District, Ontario, so that lake behind him is possibly Lac Ste-Thérèse, located just north of town.

Isn’t my grandfather handsome in his police uniform and my Aunt Mariette adorable with her little black patent leather shoes?

Copyright © 2013, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment